Kim’s Homemade Granola Bars
1 cup brown sugar, packed
¼ cup white sugar
½ cup butter, softened
2 Tb. Honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 cup flour (I use ½ white and ½ whole wheat)
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 ½ cups quick cook oatmeal
1 ¼ cups Rice Krispies
1 ½ cups of chocolate chips or raisins or cranberries or dried fruit
Or white chocolate chips or nuts (or a combination-I do-add more or less to taste)
1/3 cup wheat germ
Grease a 9x13 pan. In a large bowl, cream butter with the sugars until fluffy. Add honey, vanilla and egg. Mix well. Sift flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Gradually blend into butter mixture, beating at low speed. Fold remaining ingredients in by hand. Press into pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (depending on if you want them soft and chewy or harder).
8:51 AM
|
|
You can leave a response
About
About Me
- Rachel Price
- I am a southern lady, exploring some of my talents.
0 comments:
Post a Comment